Covid-19 UPDATE: new measures implemented by Hapa Switzerland
Hapa AG is implementing new policies and procedures to help address business continuity for our customers during the COVID-19 pandemic. The health and safety of our employees, customers and partners continues to be the number one priority for our leadership team.
This is a very dynamic situation and we expect it to continue to evolve in the coming days and weeks. We fully recognize this will affect our interaction with you and your facilities and this memo describes the actions we have taken so far.
We have organized ourselves to maintain our operations at the highest possible level of effectiveness while following the applicable guidelines for the health and safety of our employees. In particular:
- We have created a crisis management team who monitor the situation daily, and steer prompt and effective responses and guidelines
- We are leveraging all technological tools to collaborate with our local technicians, customers and partners around the globe
- We have activated smart working for all the supporting functions not required to be physically present in our facility
- We have introduced a social distancing policy and placed hand sanitizer points around the building
- We have introduced restrictions for external people visiting our premises
- We are actively collaborating with our suppliers to monitor their situation and ensure minimum possible impact on material delivery
- We have implemented a Video FAT facility to enable customers to attend planned FAT’s remotely
Our employee travel policy has been temporarily amended to only permit essential business travel. For our customers, we are asking that you make a formal request in writing if you require one of our employees to travel to your location and we will find the best possible solution to handle each case.
In general, we have instructed our employees to cancel any non-essential travel that has already been planned and opt for a video communication application such as Teams, Skype or Cisco Meeting. This current situation presents the perfect opportunity to utilize Hapa’s Remote Service Assistance Technology that allows our technicians to provide expert guidance to your team to troubleshoot equipment. You can learn more about this service option by clicking here
Assuring business continuity for our customers is a key priority. We are working to minimize the potential impact on your business by taking any possible action to reconcile the different aspects of this complicated challenge.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Hapa representative.
CEO, Hapa AG